Summer is here, which means we are just a few months away from the start of FY23. All around the world, marketing managers are looking to the year ahead and planning their activities.
To be sure, there are plenty of marketing channels available, each one offering a different way to reach customers. PPC ads help you find customers while they are searching for you, while emails place you in your customers’ inboxes.
Messaging is a unique – and underappreciated – marketing channel. It arrives directly on your customers’ home screen of their phone, ensuring it is seen. In fact, Mobilesquared recently published that 100% of all SMS messages are viewed, while 55% are read. And, since more than 90% are read within 90 seconds, it gives you an almost instantaneous indication if you’re marketing campaign is succeeding or needs to be tweaked to achieve a better result.
Messaging is remarkably flexible. It can be used in one-on-one conversations or sent out to large groups of people. It can also be sent over SMS, as well as WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram, and other popular messaging apps.
Here are a few ways you can use messaging in the year ahead.
- Event participation – send bulk messages to your customers when you are participating in a special event
- Text message appointment reminders – automate day-before messages to remind customers of an appointment and ask for confirmation that they are coming
- Sales and promotions – send coupon codes and sale notifications to large segments of your target market
- Welcome messages – thank people who sign up to your newsletter or subscribe to your blog
- Status updates – keep your customers informed when your hours change, you add new lines of products, or you’ve updated your policies
- Booking confirmations – use messaging to confirm same-day restaurant reservations
- Billing reminders – let customers know that they are about to be billed, or remind them when they are falling behind with their payments
- Security – 2FA verification codes help keep accounts safe
SMS should be an integral tool in your digital marketing activities. Messages are fully trackable and can use A/B testing to measure effectiveness. Automations can help send out a series of messages based on a trigger, ensuring that customers are engaged with at the right moment.
Messaging enables you to deliver messages immediately to customers on their mobile devices. It can be used for anything, from announcing new products to reengaging old customers. Best of all, it’s low cost per message makes it an affordable item to add to your FY23 budget.
Contact us today to start planning your FY23 messaging campaigns