What do I need to start sending SMS messages to my customers?
It’s actually much simpler than you think!
- Check that you have a current opted in list or build a database of mobile contacts, with whom you want to begin a text dialogue
- Think carefully about your customer communications strategy and the role that mobile messaging will have in that strategy.
- Plan messaging campaigns that fit the more busy, moving context of your mobile users, and leverage the ubiquity and unique features of a mobile phone as opposed to a PC or larger tablet.
- Identify a reliable mobile messaging service provider such as MessageWhiz which specializes in business text messaging and is a good fit for your company and its messaging needs. What are its unique capabilities, What level of customer service will they provide, how flexible are their business models? A smaller enterprise may be better served by a more boutique type of provider than some of the larger shops. If you are planning to communicate with users outside of your home country, you will need to identify a provider with knowledge, expertise and access to global routes.
- Register for the service, compose your message, upload your contact list and click “SEND”. It’s that simple!